1. Chest x-ray. ET tube placement, pneumonia, foreign body aspiration, pneumothorax, rib fractures, congenital heart defect, congestive heart failure.
2. ECG. Rhythm abnormalities, congenital heart defect.
3. Trauma series. Cervical spine series, chest, and pelvis.
4. CT scan of head. Head injury (epidural, subdural, or intracranial hemorrhage), CNS infection (abscess), tumor, cerebral edema, cerebrovascular event.
5. Abdominal CT scan. Abdominal injury.
6. Skeletal survey. Suspected inflicted injury or child abuse among children younger than 3 years of age.
Was this article helpful?