1. How long has child had cough (ie, acute or chronic)? Has cough lasted more than 3 weeks?
2. Did cough come on suddenly, as with choking, or gradually with signs and symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection?
3. What were circumstances at onset of cough?
4. Do any of the following situations aggravate cough: cold air, deep inspiration, exercise, feeding, position, time of day, time of year (ie, seasonal, spring or fall)?
5. Is cough paroxysmal, as in cystic fibrosis, asthma, pertussis, or foreign body aspiration?
6. Does cough produce mucus?
7. Is mucus clear (indicating asthma) or yellow or green (indicating suppurative lung disease)? Is blood present in mucus, as in cystic fibrosis, foreign body aspiration, tuberculosis, or bronchiectasis?
8. Does cough disappear completely during sleep, suggestive of psychogenic cough?
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From ASTHMA Chronic asthma is a paralyzing, suffocating and socially isolating condition that can cause anxiety that can trigger even more attacks. Before you know it you are caught in a vicious cycle Put an end to the dependence on inhalers, buying expensive prescription drugs and avoidance of allergenic situations and animals. Get control of your life again and Deal With Asthma Naturally