1. Bogduk N, Marsland A. The cervical zygapophysial joints as a source of neck pain. Spine 1988; 13:610-617.
2. Aprill C, Bogduk N. The prevalence of cervical zygapophyseal joint pain: a first approximation. Spine 1992; 17:744-747.
3. Lord SM, Barnsley L, Wallis BT, Bogduk N. Third occipital nerve headaches: a prevalence study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatr 1994; 57:1187-1190.
4. Duyer A, Aprill C, Bogduk N. Cervical zygophyseal joint pain patterns 1: a study in normal volunteers. Spine 1990; 15:453-457.
5. Bogduk N. The clinical anatomy of the cervical dorsal rami. Spine 1982; 7:319-330.
6. Barnsley L, Bogduk N. Medical branch blocks are specific for the diagram of cervical zygopophyseal joint pain. Regional Anesthesis 1993; 18:343-350.
7. Lord S, Barnsley L, Wallis BJ, Bogduk N. Chronic cervical zygopophyseal joint pain whiplash: a placebo-controlled prevalence study. Spine 1996; 21:1737-1745.
8. Speldewinde GC, Bashford GM, Davidson IR. Diagnostic cervical zygaphysial joint blocks for chronic cervical pain. Med J Aust 2001; 174:174-176.
9. Fukui S, Ohsetok, Shiotani M, et al. Referred pain distribution of the cervical zyagapo physeal joints and cervical dorsal rami. Pain 1996; 68:79-83.
10. Lord SM, Barnsley L, Bogduk N. The utility of comparative local anesthetic blocks versus placebo-controlled blocks for the diagnosis of cervical zygapophysial pain. Clin J Pain 1995; 11:208-213.
11. Barnsley L, Lord SM, Wallis BJ, Bogduk N. Lack of effect of intraarticular corticosteroids for chronic pain in the cervical zygapophyseal joints. N Engl J Med 1994; 330:1047-1050.
12. Boswell MV, Colson JD, Sehgal N, Dunbar EE, Epter R. A systematic review of therapeutic facet joint interventions in chronic spinal pain. Pain Physician. 2007; 10:229-253.
13. Dreyfuss P, Michaelson M, Fletcher D. Atlanto-occipital and lateral atlanto-axial joint pain patterns. Spine 1994; 10:1125-1131.
14. Grubb SA, Kelley CK. Cervical discography: clinical implication from 12 years of experience. Spine 2000; 25:1382-1389.
15. Margolis RB, Tait RC, Krause SJ. A rating system for use with patient pain drawings. Pain 1986; 24:57-65.
16. Jensen MP, Karoly P, Braver S. The measurement of clinical pain intensity: a comparison of six methods. Pain 1986; 27:117-126.
17. Dory MA. Arthrography of the cervical facet joints. Radiology 1983; 148:379-382.
18. Bogduk N, Aprill C, Derly R. Diagnostic blocks of spinal synovial joints. In: Spine Care Diagnosis and Conservative Treatment. Vol. 1. Ed. White, Mosby, St. Louis 1995:298-321.
19. Silbergleit R, Mehta BA, Sanders WP, Talati SJ. Imaging guided injection techniques with fluoroscopy and CT for spinal pain management. Radiographics 2001; 21:927-942.
20. Dreyfuss P, Rogen J, Dreyer S, Fletcher D. Atlanto-occiptal joint pain. A report of three cases and description of an intraarticular joint block technique. Reg Anesth 1994; 19:344-351.
21. Slipman CW, Lipetz JS, Jackson HB, Rogers DP, Vresilovic EJ. Therapeutic selective nerve root block in the nonsurgical treatment of atraumatic cervical spondylotic radicular pain: a retrospective analysis with independent clinical review. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2000; 81:741-746.
22. Cathelove RF, Bratia R. The use of cervical epidural nerve block in the management of chronic head and neck pain. Can Anesth Soc J 1984; 31:188-191.
23. Shulman M. Treatment of neck pain with cervical epidural steroid injection. Reg Anesth 1986; 11:92-94.
24. Cicala RS, Thoni K, Angel J. Long term results of cervical epidural steroid injection. Reg Anesth 1986; 5:143-145.
25. Rowlingson JC, Kirschenbaum LF. Epidural analgesic techniques in the management of cervical pain. Anesth Analg 1986; 65:938-942.
26. Ferrante FM, Wilson SP, Iacoba C, et al. Clinical classification as a prediction of therapeutic outcome after cervical epidural steroid injection. Spine 1993; 18:730-736.
27. Johnson BA, Schellhar KP, Pollie SR. Epidurography and therapeutic injection: technical considerations and experience with 5334 cases. AJNR 1999; 20:697-705.
28. Bose B, Quadriparesis following cervical epidural steroid injections: case report and review of the literature. The Spine Journal 2005; 5:558-563.
29. Ziai W, Ardelt A, Llinas R, Brainstem Stroke Following Uncomplicated Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection. Archives of Neurology 2006; 63:1643-1646.
30. Abram SE, O'Connor TC. Complications associated with epidural steroid injection. Reg Anesth 1996; 21:149-162.
31. Klein GR, Vaccaro AR, Curk J, et al. Efficacy of cervical epidural steroids in the treatment of cervical spine disorders. Am J Anesthesiol 2000; 27:547-550.
32. Bush K, Hillier S. Outcome of cervical radiculopathy treated with periradicular epidural corticoste-roid injections: a prospective study with independent clinical review. Eur Spine J 1996; 5:319-325.
33. Vallee JN, Feydy A, Cartier RY, et al. Chronic cervical radiculopathy: lateral approach periradicular corticosteroid injection. Radiology 2001; 218:886-892.
34. Cyteval C, Thomas E, Decoux E, et al. Cervical Radiculopathy: Open study on percutaneous perira-dicular foraminal steroid infiltration performed under CT control in 30 patients. AJNR 2004. 25: 441-445.
35. Ludwig M, Burns S. Spinal cord infarction following cervical transforaminal epidural injection. Spine 2005; 30:E266-E268.
36. Hodges SD, Castleberg RL, Miller T, et al. Cervical epidural steroid injection with intrinsic spinal cord damage. Two case reports. Spine 1998; 23(19); 2137-2142.
37. Rathmell J, Aprill C, Bogduk N. Cervical transforaminal injection of steroids. Anesthesiology 2004; 100:1595-1600.
38. Williams KN, Jackowski A, Evans PJ. Epidural hematoma requiring surgical decompression following repeated cervical epidural steroid injections for chronic pain. Pain 1990; 42:198-219.
39. Hodges SD, Carteberg RL, Miller T, et al. Cervical epidural steroid injection with intrinsic spinal cord damage. Spine 1998; 23:2137-2142.
40. Suresh S, Berman J, Connell DA. Cerebellar and brainstem infarction as a complication of CT-guided transforaminal cervical nerve root block. Skeletal Radiol 2007; 36:449-452.
41. Baker R, Dreyfuss P, Mercer S, et al. Cervical transforaminal injection of corticosteroids into a radicular artery: a possible mechanism for spinal cord injury. Pain 2003; 103:211-215.
42. Ma D, Gilula L, Riew K. Complications of Fluoroscopically Guided Extraforaminal Cervical Nerve Blocks. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2005; 87:1025-1030.
43. Brouwers PS, Kohink ET, Simon MA, et al. Anterior spinal artery syndrome after diagnostic blockade of the right C6 nerve root. Pain 2001; 3:397-399.
44. Aprill C, Axinn MJ, Bogduk N. Occipital headaches stemming from the lateral axial (C1-C2) joint. Cephalalgia 2002; 22:15-22.
45. Boswell MV, Colson JD, Sehgal N, et al. A systematic review of therapeutic facet joint interventions in chronic spinal pain. Pain Physician 2007; 10:229-253.
46. Nelson D. Intraspinal therapy using methyprednislone acetate. Spine 1993; 18:278-286.
47. Latham SM, Fraser RD, Moore JR, et al. The pathologic effects of intrathecal betamethasone. Spine 1997; 22:1558-1562.
48. Boswell MV, Colson JD, Sehgal N, Dunbar EE, Epter R. A systematic review of therapeutic facet joint interventions in chronic spinal pain. Pain Physician 2007; 10:229-253.
49. Dreyfuss P, Baker R, Bogduk N. Comparative effectiveness of cervical transforaminal injections with particulate and nonparticulate corticosteroid preparations for cervical radicular pain. Pain Med 2006; 7:237-242.
Was this article helpful?
Free Your Mind And Achieve Peace. Discover How To Live In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today. Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve.