This chapter describes the treatment approach to patients with intradural spinal tumors, with the most common being nerve sheath tumors and meningiomas, representing a combined 55%. The remaining 45% of intradural tumors are intramedullary. Surgical management of these tumors may include the application of the Cavitron ultrasonic aspirator and the laser. Many intramedullary tumors are amenable to gross total resection using an aggressive approach. Techniques for surgical resection and monitoring techniques are discussed.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Cure Your Yeast Infection For Good

Cure Your Yeast Infection For Good

The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.

Get My Free Ebook

Post a comment