1. Fulton J. Harvey Cushing. A biography. Springfield, 1ll., Charles C. Thomas, 1946.
2. Bailey P, Cushing H. A classification of the tumors of the glioma group on a histogenetic basis with a correlation study of prognosis. Philadelphia, Lippincott, 1926.
3. Shaw CM, Alvord EC Jr. Congenital arachnoid cysts and their differential diagnosis. In: Vinken PJ, Bruyn GW, editors. Handbook of clinical neurology, vol 31: congenital malformations of the brain and skull, part II. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishing Co, 1977; 75-135.
4. Zulch KJ. Brain tumors, their biology and pathology. Berlin Heidelberg New York: Springer, 1986.
5. Bigner DD, McLendon RE, Bruner JM. Russell & Rubinstein's pathology of tumors of the nervous system, 6th edn. London Sydney Auckland: Arnold; 1998.
6. Berger PC, Scheithauer BW. Atlas of tumor pathology (vol 10, Tumors of the central nervous system). Washington DC: AFIP, 1994.
7. Asa SL. Atlas of tumor pathology, vol 22: tumors of the pituitary gland. Washington DC: AFIP, 1998.
8. Scheithauer BW, Woodruff JM, Erlandson RA. Atlas of tumor pathology, vol 24: tumors of the peripheral nervous system. Washington DC: AFIP, 1999.
9. Alvord, EC Jr. Is necrosis helpful in the grading of gliomas? Editorial. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 1992;51: 127-32.
10. Graham DI, Lantos PL (editors). Greenfield's neuro-pathology, 6th edn. London Sydney Auckland: Arnold, 2002.
11. Mandonnet E, Delattre JY, Tanguy ML, Swanson KR, Carpenter AF, Duffau H et al. Continuous growth of mean tumor diameter in a subset of WHO Grade II gliomas. Ann Neurol 2003;53:524-8.
12. Swanson KR, Alvord EC Jr, Murray JD. Virtual brain tumors (gliomas) enhance the reality of medical imaging and highlight inadequacies of current therapy. Br J Cancer 2002;86:14-18.
13. Woodward DE, Cook J, Tracqui P, Cruywagen GC, Murray JD, Alvord EC Jr. A mathematical model of glioma growth: the effect of extent of surgical resection. Cell Prolif 1996;29:269-88.
14. Mork SJ, Lindegaard K-F, Halvorsen TB, Lehmann EH, Solgaard T, Hatlevoli R et al. Oligodendroglioma: incidence and biological behavior in a defined population. J Neurosurg 1985;63:881-9.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.