1. Legier JM, Ries LA, Smith MA, Warren JL, Heineman EF, Kaplan RS et al. Cancer surveillance series (corrected): brain and other central nervous system cancers: recent trends in incidence and mortality. J Natl Cancer Inst 1999;91(16):1382-90.
2. Kleihues P, Louis DN, Scheithauer BW, Rorke LB, Reifenberger G, Burger PC et al. The WHO classification of tumors of the nervous system. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 2002;61(3):215-25;discussion:226-9.
3. Kleihues, P, Ohgaki H. Primary and secondary glioblas-tomas: from concept to clinical diagnosis. Neuro-oncol 1999;1(1):44-51.
4. Bigner SH, Matthews MR, Rasheed BK, Wiltshire RN, Friedman HS, Friedman AH et al. Molecular genetic aspects of oligodendrogliomas including analysis by comparative genomic hybridization. Am J Pathol 1999;155(2):375-86.
5. Chan JL, Lee SW, Fraass BA, Normolle DP, Greenberg HS, Junck LR et al. Survival and failure patterns of highgrade gliomas after three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2002;20(6):1635-42.
6. Halligan JB, Stelzer KJ, Rostomily RC, Spence AM, Griffin TW, Berger MS et al. Operation and permanent low activity 125I brachytherapy for recurrent highgrade astrocytomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1996;35(3):541-7.
7. Scherer HJ. Structural development in gliomas. Am J Cancer 1938;34(3):333-51.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.