1. Johnson JD, Young B. Demographics of brain metastasis. Neurosurg Clin N Am 1996;7:337-44.
2. Posner JB, Chernik NL. Intracranial metastasis from systemic cancer. Advances in Neurology 1978;19: 579-92.
3. Posner JB. Neurologic complications of cancer. Contemporary Neurology series. Volume 45. Phildelphia: Davis, 1995.
4. Das A, Hochberg FH. Clinical presentation of intracranial metastases. Neurosurg Clin N Am 1996;7:377-91.
5. Schaefer PW, Budzik RF, Gonzalez GG. Imaging of cerebral metastases. Neurosurg Clin N Am 1996;7:393-423.
6. Murray K, Kun L, Cox J. Primary malignant lymphoma of the central nervous system: results of treatment of 11 cases and review of the literature. J Neurosurg 1987;65:600-7.
7. Patchell RA, Tibbs PA, Walsh JW et al. A randomized trial of surgery in the treatment of single metastases to the brain. NEJM 1990;322:494-500.
8. Chin L, Zee C, Apuzzo M. Special considerations in point stereotactic procedures. In: Apuzzo M, editor. Brain surgery. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1993;414-25.
9. Cairncross JG, Kim J, Posner JB. Radiation therapy for brain metastases. Ann Neurol 1980;7:529-41.
10. Paleologos NA, Imperatu JP, Vick NA. Brain metastasis: effects of radiotherapy on longterm survivors. Neurology 1991;41(Suppl. 1):129.
11. Alexander E III, Moriarity TM, Davis RB, Wen PY, Fine HA, Black PM et al. Stereotactic radiosurgery for the definitive nininvasive treatment of brain metastases. J Natl Cancer Institute 1995;87:34-40.
12. Lang FF, Sawaya R. Surgical management of cerebral metastases. Neurosurg Clin N Am 1996;7:459-84.
13. Patchell RA, Tibbs PA, Regine WF, Dempsey RJ, Mohiuddin M, Kryscio RJ et al. Postoperative radiotherapy in the treatment of single metastases to the brain: a randomized trial. JAMA 1998;280:1485-9.
14. Sundaresan N, Sachdev VP, DiGiacinto GV, Hughes JEO. Reoperation for brain metastases. J Clin Oncol 1988;6:1625-9.
15. Cooper JS, Steinfeld AD, Lerch IA. Cerebral metastases: value of reirradiation in selected patients. Radiology 1990;174:883-5.
16. Hochberg FH, Miller DC. Primary central nervous system lymphoma. J Neurosurg 1988;68:835-53.
17. Corn BW, Marcus SM, Topham A et al. Will primary central nervous system lymphoma be the most frequent brain tumor diagnosed in the year 2000? Cancer 1997;79:2409-13.
18. Miller DC, Hochberg FH, Harris NL et al. Pathology with clinical correlations of primary central nervous system non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: the Massachusetts General Hospital experience 1958-1989. Cancer 1994;74: 1383-97.
19. Antoniri A, De Rossi G, Ammassari A. Value of combined approach with thallium-201 single-photon emission computed tomography and Epstein-Barr virus DNA polymerase chain reaction in CSF for the diagnosis of AIDS-related primary CNS lymphoma. J Clin Onc 1999;17:554-60.
20. DeAngelis LM. Current management of primary central nervous system lymphoma. Oncology 1995;9:63-71.
21. Remick SC, Diamond C, Migliozzi JA et al. Primary central nervous system lymphoma in patients with and without the acquired immune deficiency syndrome: a retrospective analysis and review of the literature. Medicine 1990;69:345-60.
22. Leibel SA, Sheline GE. Radiation therapy for neoplasms of the brain. J Neurosurg 1987;66:1-22.
23. Nelson DF, Martz KL, Bonner H et al. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the brain: can high dose, large volume radiation therapy improve survival? Report on a prospective trial by the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG): RTOG 8315. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1992;23:9-17.
24. Goldstein JD, Dickson DW, Moser FG et al. Primary central nervous system lymphoma in acquired immune deficiency syndrome: a clinical and pathologic study with results of treatment with radiation. Cancer 1991;67:2756-65.
25. Bessell EM, Punt J, Firth J et al. Primary Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the central nervous system: Phase II study of chemotherapy (BVAM) prior to radiotherapy. Clin Oncol 1991;3:193-8.
26. Liang BC, Grant R, Junck L et al. Primary central nervous system lymphoma: treatment with multiagent systemic and intrathecal chemotherapy with radiation therapy. Int J Oncol 1993;3:1001-4.
27. LaChanceDH, Brizel DM, Gockerman JP et al. Cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and pred-nisone for primary central nervous system lymphoma: short duration response and multifocal intracerebral recurrence preceding radiotherapy. Neurology 1994;44:1721-7.
28. Glass J, Gruber ML, Cher L, et al. Preirradiation methotrexate chemotherapy of primary central nervous system lymphoma: long term outcome. J Neurosurg 1994;81:188-95.
29. Glass J, Shustik C, Hochberg FH, et al. Therapy of primary central nervous system lymphoma with pre-irradiation methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and dexamethasone (MCHOD). J Neuro-oncol 1996;30:257-65.
30. Schultz C, Scott C, Sherman W, et al. Preirradiation chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and dexamethasone for primary CNS lymphomas: intial report of radiation therapy oncology group protocol 88-06. J Clin Onc 1996;14:556-64.
31. Brada M, Hjiyiannakis D, Hines F, et al. Short intensive primary chemotherapy and radiotherapy in sporadic primary CNS lymphoma (PCL). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1998;40:1157-62.
32. Abrey LE, DeAngelis LM, Yahalom J. Long-term survival in primary CNS lymphoma. J Clin Onc 1998;16: 859-63.
TUMORS: CEREBRAL METASTASES AND LYMPHOMA
33. Hiraga S, Arita N, Ohnishi T, et al. Rapid infusion of high-dose methotrexate resulting in enhanced penetration into cerebrospinal fluid and intensified tumor response in primary central nervous system lymphomas. J Neurosurg 1999;91:221-30.
34. Shibamoto Y, Tsutsui K, Dodo Y, et al. Improved survival rate in primary intracranial lymphoma treated by high-dose radiation and systemic vincristine-doxoru-bicin-cyclophosphamide-prednisolone chemotherapy. Cancer 1990;65:1907-12.
35. Chamberlain MC, Levin VA. Primary central nervous system lymphoma: a role for adjuvant chemotherapy. J Neuro-oncol 1992;14:271-5.
36. Rosenthal MA, Sheridan WP, Green MD et al. Primary cerebral lymphoma: an argument for the use of adjunctive systemic chemotherapy. Aust N Z J Surg 1993;63:30-2.
37. Neuwelt EA, Goldman DL, Dahlborg SA et al. Primary CNS lymphoma treated with osmotic blood-brain barrier disruption: prolonged survival and preservation of cognitive function. J Clin Onc 1991;9:1580-90.
38. Cher L, Glass J, Harsh GR et al. Therapy of primary CNS lymphoma with methotrexate-based chemotherapy and deferred radiotherapy: preliminary results. Neurology 196;46:1757-9.
39. Freilich RJ, Delattre JY, Monjour A et al. Chemotherapy without radiation mtherapy as initial treatment for primary CNS lymphoma in older patients. Neurology 1996;46:435-9.
40. Sandor V, Stark-Vancs V, Pearson D et al. Phase II trial of chemotherapy alone for primary CNS and intraocular lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 1998;16:3000-6.
41. Pollack IF, Lunsford LD, Flickinger JC et al:. Prognostic factors in the diagnosis and treatment of primary central nervous system lymphoma. Cancer 1989;63: 939-47.
42. Brada M, Dearnaley D, Horwich A et al. Management of primary cerebral lymphoma with initial chemotherapy: preliminary results and comparison with patients treated with radiotherapy alone. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1990;18:787-92.
43. Chamberlain MC, Levin VA. Adjuvant chemotherapy for primary lymphoma of the central nervous systyem. Arch Neurol 1990;97:1113-6.
44. DeAngelis LM, Yahalom J, Thaler H et al. Combined modality therapy for primary CNs lymphoma. J Clin Onc 1992;10:635-43.
45. Chamberlain MC. Long survival in patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome related primary central nervous system lymphoma. Cancer 1994;73: 1728-30.
46. Blay J-Y, Conroy T, Chevreau C et al. High-dose methotrexate for the treatment of primary cerebral lymphomas: an analysis of survival and late neurologic toxicity in a retrospective series. J Clin Onc 1998;16:864-71.
47. Liang RH S, Woo EKW, Yu Y et al. Central nervous system involvement in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eur J Clin Onc 1989;25:703-10.
48. Perez-Soler R, Smith TL, Cabanillas F. Central nervous system prophylaxis with combined intravenous and intrathecal methotrexate in diffuse lymphoma of aggressive histologic type. Cancer 1986;57:971-7.
Was this article helpful?
All Natural Immune Boosters Proven To Fight Infection, Disease And More. Discover A Natural, Safe Effective Way To Boost Your Immune System Using Ingredients From Your Kitchen Cupboard. The only common sense, no holds barred guide to hit the market today no gimmicks, no pills, just old fashioned common sense remedies to cure colds, influenza, viral infections and more.