7. Drake CG. Report of World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Committee on universal subarachnoid hemorrhage grading scale. J Neurosurg 1988;38:575-80.
8. Fisher CM, Kistler JP, Davis JM. Relation of cerebral vasospasm to subarachnoid hemorrhage visualized by computerized tomographic scanning. Neurosurgery 1980;6:1-9.
9. Kassell NF, Torner JC, Haley EC Jr, Jane JA, Adams HP, Kongable GL. The International Cooperative Study on the Timing of Aneurysm Surgery. Part 1: Overall management results. J Neurosurg 1990;73:18-36.
10. Huston JD Jr, Nichols DA, Luetmer PH, Goodwin JT, Meyer FB, Wiebers DO et al. Blinded prospective evaluation of sensitivity of MR angiography to known intracranial aneurysms: importance of aneurysm size. AJNR: Am J Neuroradiol 1994;15:1607-14.
11. Newell DW, LeRoux PD, Dacey RG Jr, Stimac GK, Winn HR. CT infusion scanning for the detection of cerebral aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1989;71:175-9.
12. Pickard JD, Murray GD, Illingworth R, Shaw MD, Teasdale GM, Foy PM et al. Effect of oral nimodipine on cerebral infarction and outcome after subarachnoid haemorrhage: British aneurysm nimodipine trial. BMJ 1989;298:636-42.
13. Haley EC Jr, Kassell NF, Torner JC. The International Cooperative Study on the Timing of Aneurysm Surgery: the North American experience. Stroke 1992;23:205-14.
14. Kassell NF, Torner JC, Jane JA, Haley EC Jr, Adams HP. The International Cooperative Study on the Timing of Aneurysm Surgery. Part 2: Surgical results. J Neurosurg 1990;73:37-47.
15. Todd NV, Tocher JL, Jones PA, Miller JD. Outcome following aneurysm wrapping: a 10-year follow-up review of clipped and wrapped aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1989;70:841-6.
16. Solomon RA, Fink ME, Pile-Spellman J. Surgical management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1994;80:440-6.
17. Guglielmi G, Vinuela F, Dion J, Duckwiler G. Electro-thrombosis of saccular aneurysms via endovascular approach. Part 2: Preliminary clinical experience. J Neurosurg 1991;75:8-14.
18. International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) Collaborative Group. International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: a randomised trial. Lancet 2002;360:1267-74.
19. Aaslid R, Markwalder TM, Nornes H. Noninvasive transcranial Doppler ultrasound recording of flow velocity in basal cerebral arteries. J Neurosurg 1982;57:769-74.
20. Kassell NF, Helm G, Simmons N, Phillips CD, Cail WS. Treatment of cerebral vasospasm with intra-arterial papaverine. J Neurosurg 1992;77:848-52.
21. Kassell NF, Torner JC. Aneurysmal rebleeding: a preliminary report from the Cooperative Aneurysm Study. Neurosurgery 1983;13:479-81.
22. Steinke D, Weir B, Disney L. Hydrocephalus following aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage. Neurol Res 1987;9:3-9.
23. Schievink WI. Genetics and aneurysm formation. Neurosurg Clin N Am 1998;9:485-95.
24. Ingall TJ, Whisnant JP, Wiebers DO, O'Fallon WM. Has there been a decline in subarachnoid hemorrhage mortality? Stroke 1989;20:718-24.
25. Le Roux PD, Elliott JP, Downey L, Newell DW, Grady MS, Mayberg MR et al. Improved outcome after rupture of anterior circulation aneurysms: a retrospective 10-year review of 224 good-grade patients. J Neurosurg 1995;83:394-402.
Was this article helpful?
The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.