7. Higashida RT, Halbach VV, Dowd C et al. Endovascular detachable balloon embolization therapy of cavernous carotid artery aneurysms: results in 87 cases. J Neurosurg 1990;72:857-63.
8. Byrne JV, Guglielmi G. Treatment by endovascular packing with the Guglielmi detachable coil. In: Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms. Berlin: Springer, 1998; chapter 5, 133-66.
9. Guglielmi G, Vinuela F, Dion J et al. Electrothrombosis of saccular aneurysms via endovascular approach. Part 2. Preliminary clinical experience. J Neurosurg 1991; 75:8-14.
10. Cognard C, Weill A, Castaings L, Rey A, Moret J. Intracranial berry aneurysms: angiographic and clinical results after endovascular treatment. Radiology 1998; 206:499-510.
11. Murayama Y, Vinuela F, Duckwiler G, Gobin P, Guglielmi G. Embolization of incidental aneurysms by using the Guglielmi detachable coil system. J Neurosurg 1999;90:207-14.
12. The International Study of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms Investigators. Unruptured intracranial aneurysms: risks of rupture and risks of surgical intervention. N Eng J Med 1998;339:1725-33.
13. Murayama Y, Malisch T, Guglielmi G et al. Incidence of cerebral vasospasm after endovascular treatment of acutely ruptured aneurysm: report on 69 cases. J Neurosurg 1997;87:830-5.
14. Rothwell P, Slattery J, Warlow C. A systematic review of the risks of stroke and death due to endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenoses. Stroke 1996;27:260-5.
14a.Molyneux A, Kerr R, Stratton I et al; International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) Collaborative Group. International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysm: a randomised trial. Lancet 2002;360(9342): 1267-74.
15. Malesh T, Guglielmi G, Vinuela F et al. Intracranial aneurysms treated with the Guglielmi detachable coil: mid term clinical results in 100 consecutive patients. J Neurosurg 1997;87:176-83.
16. McDougall CG, Van Halbach V, Dowd CF, Higashida RT, Larsen DW, Hieshima GB. Causes and management of aneurysmal haemorrhage occurring during embolization with Guglielmi detachable coils. J Neurosurg 1998;89:87-92.
17. Vinuela F, Duckwiler G, Mawad M. Guglielmi detachable coil embolization of acute intracranial aneurysm: pre-operative anatomical and clinical outcome in 403 patients. J Neurosurg 1997;86:475-82.
18. Bryan R, Rigamonti D, Mathis JM. The treatment of acutely ruptured cerebral aneurysms: endovascular therapy versus surgery. AJNR 1997;18:1826-30.
19. Vanninen R, Kolvisto T, Saari T et al. Ruptured intracra-nial aneurysms: acute endovascular treatment with elec-tolytically detachable coils - a prospective randomised study. Radiology 1999;211:322-38.
20. Latchaw R. Acutely ruptured intracranial aneurysm: should we treat with endovascular coils or with surgical clipping. Radiology 1999;211:306-8.
21. Crawley F, Clifton A, Brown MM. Should we screen for familial intracranial aneurysms? Stroke 1999;30:312-16.
22. LeRoux PD, Winn RH. Management of cerebral aneurysms: how can current management be improved. In: Current management of cerebral aneurysms. Part 1. Evaluation and peri-operative care. Neurosurgery Clinics of North America 1998;9(3):421-33.
23. Byrne JV, Sohn M-J, Molyneux AJ. Five year experience in using coil embolization for ruptured intracranial aneurysm: outcomes and incidence of late re-bleeding. J Neurosurg 1999;90:656-63.
24. Flickinejer J, Kondziolka D, Pollock B, Lunsford LD. Radiological management of intracranial vascular malformations. Neuroimaging Clinics of North America 1998;8(2):483-93.
25. Rauch R, Vinuela F, Dion J et al. Pre-embolization functional evaluation in brain AVMs: the superselective Amytal test. AJNR 1992;13:303-8.
26. Wikholm G, Lundquist C, Svendsen P. Embolization of cerebral arteriovenous malformations: Part 1. Technique, morphology and complications. Neurosurgery 1996;39:448-59.
27. Lewis AI, Tomsick TA, Tew JM Jr. Management of 100 consecutive direct carotid cavernous fistulas: results of treatment with detachable balloons. Neurosurgery 1995;36:239-45.
28. Debrun GB, Lacour P, Fox AJ. Traumatic carotid cavernous fistulas: etiology, clinical presentation, diagnoses, treatment, results. Semin Intervent Radiol 1987;4:242-8.
29. Halbach VV, Higashida RT, Hieshima GB, Hardin CW, Pribram H. Transvenous embolization of dural fistulas involving the cavernous sinus. AJNR 1989;10:377-84.
30. Sato H, Hyodo A, Matsumararu Y, Anno I, Kato T, Nose T et al. The evaulation of pre-operative embolization of meningioma. International Neuroradiology 1997;3 (Suppl. 2).
31. European Carotid Surgery Trialists Collaboration Group, MRC European Carotid Surgery Trial. Interim result for symptomatic patients with severe (70-79%) or with mild (0-29%) carotid stenosis. Lancet 1991;337: 1235-43.
32. North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial collaborators. Beneficial effects of carotid endarterectomy in somptomatic patients with high grade carotid stenosis. N Eng J Med 1991;325:445-53.
33. Warlow C. Carotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid stenosis [editorial]. BMJ 1998;317:1468.
33a.CAVATAS investigators. Endovasccular versus surgical treatment in patients with carotid stenosis in the Carotid and Vertebral Artery Transluminal Angioplasty Study (CAVATAS): a randomised trial. Lancet 2001; 357(9270):1729-37.
34. Theron PG, Payelle GG, Coskun O et al. carotid artery stenosis: treatment with protected balloon angioplasty and stent placement. Radiology 1996;201:627-36.
35. Crawley F, Brown MM, Clifton AG. Angioplasty and stenting in the carotid and vertebral arteries. Postgrad Med J 1998;74:7-10.
Was this article helpful?
The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.