suspected adult supratentorial (low-grade) astrocytoma. J Neurosurg 1993;79:533-6.
5. Skirboll S, Ojeman G, Berger M, Lettich E, Winn H. Functional cortex and subcortical white matter located within gliomas. Neurosurgery 1996;38:678-85.
6. Lunsford LD, Martinez AJ, Latchaw RE. Magnetic resonance imaging does not define tumor boundaries. Acta Radiol Suppl 1986;369:154-6.
7. Recht L, Lew R, Smith TW. Suspected low-grade glioma: is deferring treatment safe? Ann Neurol 1992;31: 431-6.
8. Berger M, Deliganis B, Dobbins J, Keles G. The effect of extent of resection on recurrence in patients with low grade cerebral hemisphere gliomas. Cancer 1994;74: 1784-91.
9. Sarang A, Dinsmore J. Anaesthesia for awake craniotomy. Evolution of a technique that facilitates neurological testing. Br J Anaesth 2003;90:161-5.
10. Karim AB, Cornu P, Bleehen N et al. Immediate postoperative radiotherapy in low grade glioma improves progression free survival, but not overall survival: preliminary results of an EORTC/MRC randomised phase III study (abstract). Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 1998;17:400a.
11. Cairncross G, Macdonald D, Ludwin S et al. Chemotherapy for anaplastic oligodendroglioma. J Clin Oncol 1994;12(10):2013-21.
12. Paleologos NA, G CJ. Treatment of oligodendroglioma: an update. Neuro-oncology 1999;1(1):61-8.
13. Olson JD, Riedel E, DeAngelis LM. Long-term outcome of low-grade oligodendroglioma and mixed glioma. Neurology 2000;54:1442-8.
14. Sanders WP,Christoforidis GA. Imaging of low-grade primary brain tumors. In: Rock JP et al., editors. The practical management of low grade primary brain tumours.1999.
Was this article helpful?
The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.