• The majority of sellar and parasellar tumors are pituitary adenomas or meningiomas.
• Pituitary tumors usually present with endocrine or visual disturbances, or both.
• A PRL estimation is essential prior to surgery since prolactinomas can usually be treated medically.
• Sellar region meningiomas present with local pressure effects, and surgical resection is the treatment of choice.
• Craniopharyngiomas and Rathke's cleft cysts probably have a common embryological origin.
Was this article helpful?
The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.