• Surgical approaches may vary in meningioma surgery depending upon the tumor location and size.
• The amount of residual tumor after surgery is a major determinant of the rate of recurrence.
• Radiation therapy often plays an important role in the overall management of patients with meningiomas.
• Radiosurgery is playing an increasingly important role in skull base meningiomas.
• The treatment of meningiomas will continue to advance through continued research at the subcellular level coupled with advances in molecular therapy.
Was this article helpful?
The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.