1. Sterile phosphate-buffered saline (PBS).
2. Sterile ice-cold tissue-culture medium containing serum (for example, Minimal Essential medium + Hank's salts buffered with HEPES + antibiotics + fetal calf serum).
3. Sterile ice-cold 2% trypsin. (Recently, we have been using crude type II from porcine pancreas made up in calcium-magnesium free saline; pH to 7.5) store in aliquots at -20°C.
4. Ice-cold slab (a freezer block covered with black plastic will do).
5. Sterile pipets for transferring tissue.
Was this article helpful?