1. Rex, M. and Scotting, P. J. (1994) Simultaneous detection of RNA and protein in tissue sections by nonradioactive in situ hybridization followed by immunohis-tochemistry. Biochemica (Boehringer Mannheim) 3, 24-26.
2. Dickerson, D. S., Huerter, B. S., Morris, S. J., and Chronwall, B. M. (1994) POMC mRNA levels in individual melanotropes and GFAP in glial-like cells in rat pituitary. Peptides 15, 247-256.
3. Wang, D. and Cutz, E. (1994) Simultaneous detection of mRNA for bombesin/ gastrin-releasing peptide and its receptor in rat brain by nonradiolabeled double ISH. Laboratory Investigation 70, 775-780.
4. Angerer, L and Angerer, R. (1991) Localisation of mRNAs by in situ hybridization. Meth. Cell Biol. 35, 37-71.
5. Norton, A.J., Jordan, S., and Yeomans, P. (1994) Brief, high temperature heat denaturation (pressure cooking): a simple and effective method of antigen retrieval for routinely processed tissues. J. Pathol. 173, 371-379.
6. Brouwer, N., Van Dijken, H., Ruiters, M. H. J., Van Willigen, J.-D., and Horst, G. J. (1992) Localisation of dopamine D2 receptor mRNA with non-radioactive in situ hybridization histochemistry. Neurosci. Lett. 142, 223-227.
7. Komminoth, P., Merk, F. B., Leav, I., Wolfe, H. J., and Roth, J. (1992) Comparison of 35S- and digoxigenin-labeled RNA and oligonucleotide probes for ISH. Histochemistry 98, 217-228.
8. Rex, M. Uwanogho, D. A., Orme, A., Scotting, P. J., and Sharpe, P. T. (1997) cSox21 exhibits a complex and dynamic pattern of transcription during embryonic development of the chick central nervous system. Med. Dev. 66, 39-53.
9. Uwanogho, D., Rex, M., Cartwright, E., Pearl, G., Scotting, P. J., and Sharpe, P. T. (1995) Embryonic expression of the chicken Sox2, Sox3 and Sox11 genes suggests an interactive role in neuronal development. Mech. Dev. 49, 23-36.
10. Rex, M., Church, R., Tointon, K., and Scotting, P. J. (1997) Combination of non-isoto-pic in situ hybridization with detection of enzyme activity, bromodeoxyuridine incorporation and immunohistochemical markers. Histochem. Cell Biol. 107, 519-523.
11. Rex, M., Orme, A., Uwanogho, D., Tointon, K., Wigmore, P. M., Sharpe, P. T., and Scotting, P. J. (1997) Dynamic expression of chicken Sox2 and Sox3 genes in ectoderm induced to form neural tissue. Dev. Dynamics 209, 323-332.
Was this article helpful?