1. St. John, T. P. and Davis, R. W. (1979) Isolation of galactose-inducible DNA sequences from Saccharomyces cerevisiae by differential plaque filter hybridization. Cell 16, 443-452.
2. Sargent, T. D. and Dawid, I. B. (1983) Differential gene expression in the gastrula of Xenopus laevis. Science 222,135-139.
3. Wang, Z. and Brown, D. D. (1991) A gene expression screen. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88,11,505-11,509.
4. Aasheim, H. C., Deggerdal, A., Smeland, E. B., and Hornes, E. (1994) A simple subtraction method for the isolation of cell-specific genes using magnetic monodisperse polymer particles. Biotechniques 16, 716-721.
5. Hara, E., Kato, T., Nakada, S., Sekiya, S., and Oda, K. (1991) Subtractive cDNA cloning using oligo(dT)30-latex and PCR: isolation of cDNA clones specific to undifferentiated human embryonal carcinoma cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 19, 7097-7104.
6. Li, W. B., Gruber, C. E., Lin, J. J., Lim, R., D'Alessio, J. M., and Jessee, J. A. (1994) The isolation of differentially expressed genes in fibroblast growth factor stimulated BC3H1 cells by subtractive hybridization. Biotechniques 16, 722-729.
7. Lopez-Fernandez, L. A. and del Mazo, J. (1993) Construction of subtractive cDNA libraries from limited amounts of mRNA and multiple cycles of subtraction. Biotechniques 15, 654-659.
8. Sharma, P., Lonneborg, A., and Stougaard, P. (1993) PCR-based construction of subtractive cDNA library using magnetic beads. Biotechniques 15, 610-612.
9. Maniatis, T., Fritsch, E. F., and Sambrook, J. (1989) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 2nd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY.
10. Han, J. H., Stratowa, C., and Rutter, W. J. (1987) Isolation of full-length putative rat lysophospholipase cDNA using improved methods for mRNA isolation and cDNA cloning. Biochemistry 26, 1617-1625.
11. Blumberg, B., Wright, C. V. E., De Robertis, E. M., and Cho, K. W. Y. (1991) Organizer-specific homeobox genes in Xenopus laevis embryos. Science 253, 194-196.
12. Forster, A. C., McInnes, J. L., Skingle, D. C., and Symons, R. H. (1985) Non-radioactive hybridization probes prepared by the chemical labelling of DNA and RNA with a novel reagent, photobiotin. Nucleic Acids Res. 13, 745-761.
13. Sive, H. L. and St. John, T. (1988) A simple subtraction hybridization technique employing photoactivatable biotin and phenol extraction. Nucleic Acids Res. 16, 10,937.
14. Sasaki, Y. F., Ayusawa, D., and Oishi, M. (1994) Construction of a normalized cDNA library by introduction of a semi-solid mRNA-cDNA hybridization system. Nucleic Acids Res. 22, 987-992.
15. Feinberg, A. P. and Vogelstein, B. (1983) A technique for radiolabelling DNA restriction endonuclease fragments to high specific activity. Anal. Biochem. 132, 6-13.
16. Church, G. M. and Gilbert, W. (1984) Genomic sequencing. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 81, 1991-1995.
Was this article helpful?