1. One dozen eggs (appropriate strain), incubated for 10 d. Remember to turn the eggs 1/4 turn every 2 d to increase viability.
2. Sterilized surgical instruments (scissors, watchmaker's forceps, razor blade).
3. Sterilized 250-mL Erlenmeyer flask.
4. Sterile 10-mL wide-mouth pipets.
5. Sterile 50-mL plastic centrifuge tubes.
6. Sterile 1.5-mL cryovials.
7. 10-cm Petri and tissue-culture dishes.
9. 1X Trypsin/EDTA (0.5 mg/mL trypsin, 0.2 mg/mL EDTA), available as 1X stock in Modified Puck's Saline A from Gibco-BRL (Gaithersburg, MD).
10. Fetal calf serum (FCS), available from Gibco-BRL.
11. Chicken serum (CS), available from Gibco-BRL.
12. Penicillin/streptomycin (pen/strep), available from Gibco-BRL.
13. Dulbeco's Modified Eagle's Medium (DMEM; high-glucose, l-glutamine, sodium pyruvate), available from Gibco-BRL.
14. Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), available from Sigma. DMSO is an irritant requiring adequate safety precautions.
Was this article helpful?