1. Dip slides in Histolene two times for 10 min to remove wax (see Note 4).
2. Rehydrate through graded alcohols (1 min in each): 100% MeOH (twice), 75% MeOH/25% PBT, 50% Me0H/50% PBT, 25% MeOH/75% PBT.
3. Immerse slides in PBT for 5 min.
4. Overlay the slides with Proteinase K, (10 |g/mL, prewarmed to 37°C) and leave for 15 min at room temperature.
5. Wash three times for 1 min with PBT.
6. Immerse the slides in ice-cold 4% cold paraformaldehyde in PBS and leave for 20 min at room temperature.
7. Wash the slides with PBT, twice for 1 min.
8. Add probe to hybridization solution (10-200 ng/slide—actual amount determined empirically). Heat to 80°C for 5 min to ensure uniform solution and quench in ice.
9. Apply the hybridization mix (approx 70 | L/slide) to the sections and cover with a coverslip. Incubate overnight at 40-70°C in a box humifidified with 50% formamide, 5X SSC (we routinely use 70°C for intact riboprobes 1-1.5 kb) (see Note 5).
Was this article helpful?