Photobiotin: 1 mg/mL in water, aliquot and store at -20°C in lightproof tubes. UV source: 300 W ultra vitalux bulb (Osram, Sylvania, Danvers, MA). (Do not allow exposure of skin to UV.)
4. 7.5 M Ammonium acetate.
6. 1 M EPPS, pH 8.5 and 8.25, autoclave and filter-sterilize.
8. Extraction buffer: 50 mM EPPS, pH 8.5, 0.5 M NaCl, 2 mM EDTA.
9. Streptavidin: 4 pg/pL in 50 mM EPPS, pH 8.25, store at -20°C in 5-pL aliquots to avoid freeze-thaw problems.
10. TE-saturated phenol: chloroform (1:1). (Prepare fresh immediately prior to use do not store). Add 700 pL phenol/chloroform (Gibco-BRL, Gaithersburg, MD) to 700 pL TE, pH 8.0, vortex mixture, centrifuge, decant aqueous phase, and repeat 3x.
11. TE-saturated 2-butanol: 25 mL of 2-butanol are mixed with 25 mL TE, pH 8.0. The mixture is centrifuged briefly and the lower aqueous phase is removed. This is repeated. The 2-butanol is in the upper phase.
Was this article helpful?