1. Sheep serum (Sigma): store in aliquots at -20°C.
2. Primary antibody/antiserum and biotinylated secondary antibody raised in the appropriate animal. The dilution of antibodies is determined empirically in each case. Store at 4°C.
4. Alkaline phosphatase streptavidin (Vector Laboratories).
5. Fast Red (Sigma). Prepare according to suppliers instructions.
6. Mowiol 4-88 (Calbiochem-Novabiochem Corp). Mowiol is prepared by adding 2.4 g of Mowiol to 6 g of glycerol and 6 mL of water. The mixture is left at room temperature for several hours before the addition of 12 mL of 0.2 M Tris, pH 8.5. Heat to 50°C for 10 min. Store as aliquots at -20°C.
Was this article helpful?