1. Local anesthetics interfere with the movement of which ion as a fundamental basis for their action?
2. Sympathetic block is one use of local anesthetics. What is the best location to apply the local anesthetic?
(A) Nerve cell ending
(B) Neuromuscular junction
(C) Sympathetic ganglia
(D) Spinal cord
3. Frequently vasoconstrictors are combined with local anesthetics to delay absorption of the anesthetic from its injection site. What is the most widely employed agent?
4. What is the most commonly used local anesthetic?
5. A 25-year old-woman visits your office with red and itchy eczematoid dermatitis. She had a dental procedure earlier in the day, and the dentist administered a local anesthetic. There were no other findings, although she indicated that she had a history of allergic reactions. Which of the following drugs is most likely involved?
Was this article helpful?