1. Rockwood TH, Church J, Fleshman J, et al. Patient and surgeon ranking of symptoms associated with fecal incontinence. Dis Colon Rectum 1999;42(12):1525-1531.
2. Hull TL, Floruta C, Piedmonte M. Preliminary results of an outcome tool used for evaluation of surgical treatment for fecal incontinence. Dis Colon Rectum 2001;44:799-805.
3. Jorge JMN, Wexner SD. Etiology and management of fecal incontinence. Dis Colon Rectum 1993;36:77-97.
4. Pescatori M, Anastasio G, Bottini C, Mentasti A. New grading and scoring for anal incontinence: evaluation of 335 patients. Dis Colon Rectum 1992;35:482-487.
5. Vaizey CJ, Carapeti E, Cahill JA, Kamm MA. Prospective comparison of faecal incontinence grading systems. Gut 1999;44:77-80.
6. O'Brien PE, Skinner S. Restoring control: the Acticon Neosphincter artificial bowel sphincter in the treatment of anal incontinence. Dis Colon Rectum 2000;43:1213-1216.
7. Miller R, Bartolo DC, Locke-Edmunds JC, Mortensen NJ. Prospective study of conservative and operative treatment for faecal incontinence. Br J Surg 1988;75:101-105.
8. Bai Y, Chen H, Hao J, Huang Y, Wang W. Long-term outcome and quality of life after Swenson procedure for Hirschsprung's disease. J Pediatr Surg 2002;37:639-642.
9. Rothenberger DA. Anal incontinence: In: Cameron JL, ed. Current Surgical Therapy. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: BC Decker; 1989:186-194.
10. Lunniss PJ, Kamm MA, Phillips RK. Factors affecting continence after surgery for anal fistula. Br J Surg 1994;81:1382-1385.
11. Rockwood TH, Church J, Fleshman J, et al. Fecal incontinence quality of life scale. Quality of life instrument for patients with fecal incontinence. Dis Colon Rectum 2000;43(1):9-17.
12. Ware JE, Sherbourne CD. The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection. Med Care 1992;30(6):473-481.
13. Agachan F, Chen T, Reissman P, Wexner SD. A constipation scoring system to simplify evaluation and management of constipated patients. Dis Colon Rectum 1996;39(6):681-685.
14. Fazio VW, O'Riordan MG, Lavery IC, et al. Long term functional outcome of quality of life after stapled restorative proctocolectomy. Ann Surg 1999;230(5):575-586.
15. Pikarsky A, Gervaz P, Wexner SD. Perianal Crohn's disease: a new scoring system to evaluate and predict outcome of surgical intervention. Arch Surg 2002;137:774-778.
16. Yoshida EM. The Crohn's disease activity index, its derivatives and the inflammatory bowel disease questionnaire: a review of instruments to assess Crohn's disease [review]. Can J Gastroenterol 1999; 13(1):65-73.
Was this article helpful?
Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.