1. Lee, S. and Wevrick, R. (2000) Identification of novel imprinted transcripts in the Prader-Willi syndrome and Angelman syndrome deletion region: further evidence for regional imprinting control. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 66(3), 848-858.
2. Kishino, T., Lalande, M, Wagstaff, J. (1997) UBE3A/E6-AP mutations cause Angelman syndrome. Nature Genet. 16, 16.
3. American Society of Human Genetics/American College of Medical Genetics Test and Technology Transfer Committee (1996): Diagnostic Testing for Prader-Willi and Angelman Syndromes: Report of the ASHG/ACMG Test and Technology Transfer Committee. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 58, 1085-1088.
4. Ohta, T., Buiting, K., Kokkonen, H., McCandless, S., Heeger, S., Leisti, H., et al. (1999) Molecular mechanism of Angelman syndrome in two large families involves an imprinting mutation. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 64(2), 385-396.
5. Zeschnigk, M., Schmitz, B., Dittrich, B., Buiting, K., Horsthemke, B., and Doerfler, W. (1997) Imprinted segments in the human genome: different DNA methylation patterns in the Prader-Willi/Angelman syndrome region as determined by the genomic sequencing method. Hum. Mol. Genet. 6, 3875395.
6. Kubota, T., Das, S., Christian, S. L., Baylin, S. B., Herman, J. G., and Ledbetter, D. H. (1997) Methylation-specific PCR simplifies imprinting analysis. Nature Genet. 16, 16.
7. Velinov, M., Gu, H., Genovese, M., Duncan, C., Brown, W. T., and Jenkins, E. (2000) The feasibility of PCR-based diagnosis of Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes using restriction analysis after bisulfite modification of genomic DNA. Mol. Genet. Metab. 69, 81-83.
8. Clark, S., Harrison, J., Paul, C. L., and Frommer, M. (1994) High sensitivity mapping of methylated cytosines, Nucleic Acids Res. 22, 2990-2997.
9. Zeschnigk, M, Lich, C., Buiting, K., Doerfler, W., and Horsthemke, B. (1997) A single tube PCR test for the diagnosis of Angelman and Prader-Willi syndrome based on allelic methylation differences at the SNRPN locus. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 5, 94-98.
10. Velinov, M., Gu, H., Shah, K., Genovese, M., Duncan, C., Kupchik, G., and Jenkins, E. C. (2001) PCR-based methylation testing for Prader-Willi or Angelman syndromes using archived fixed-cell suspensions. Genet. Test. 5, 153-155.
11. Kaczmarski, A. and Rosenblum M. (1999) Carrier detection and patient diagnosis of genetic mutations using a mini-gel electrophoresis system. Am. Biotech. Lab. 17, 28.
Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
Was this article helpful?