1. Primers for amplification across the HD CAG repeat expansion are: HD-1: 5'-ATG AAG GCC TTC GAG TCC CTC AAG TCC TTC-3' HD-3: 5'-GGC GGT GGC GGC TGT TGC TGC TGC TGC TGC-3' (14). Primers are aliquoted as 20 |M stocks in molecular biology grade water. Primers for amplification across the DRPLA (CTG-B37) repeat expansion are:
DRPLA-F: 5'-CAC CAG TCT CAA CAC ATC-3' DRPLA-R: 5'-CCT CCA GTG GGT GGG GAA ATG CTC-3' (15). Primers are aliquoted as 20 | M stocks.
2. 10X PCR buffer:500 mM KCl, 15 mM MgCl2, and 100 mM Tris-HCl, pH 9.0 (Fisher Scientific, Fair Lawn, NJ, USA).
3. Taq DNA polymerase (5 U/|L Fisher Scientific).
4. 10 mM dNTP stocks (GeneAmp® dNTPs, Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA, USA).
5. Molecular biology grade water (Sigma Chemical Co., St Louis, MO, USA).
6. DMSO, molecular biology grade (Sigma).
Was this article helpful?