1. Rubin, L. P. A Young Woman Taken to the Doctor by Her Family. Mezzotint by Johann Andreas Pfeffel after an original painting by Jan Josef Horemans. J. Hist. Med. Allied Sci. 36(4):488-489, 1981.
2. Haber, M. H. Pisse prophecy: a brief history of urinalysis. Clin. Lab. Med. 8(3):415-430, 1988.
3. White, W. I. A new look at the role of urinalysis in the history of diagnostic medicine. Clin. Chem. 37(1):119-125, 1991.
4. Camac, C. N. B. Imhotep to Harvey: Backgrounds of Medical History, Milford House, Boston, 1973.
5. Flint, A. Remarks on the use of the thermometer in diagnosis and prognosis, in Technology and American Medical Practice 1880-1930, Howell J. D., ed, pp. 1-14. Garland, New York, 1988.
6. Caraway, W. The scientific development of clinical chemistry to 1948. Clin. Chem. 19(4):373-383, 1973.
7. Howell, J. D. Technology in the Hospital, The Johns Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD, 1995.
8. Reiser, S. J. Medicine and the Reign of Technology, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1978.
9. Kohler, R. E. From Medical Chemistry to Biochemistry, Cambridge University Press, New York, 1982.
10. Chittenden, R. H. The Development of Physiological Chemistry in the United States. The Chemical Catalog Company, New York, 1930.
11. Meites, S. First call for clinical chemists in U.S. Clin. Chem. 29(10):1852-1853, 1983.
12. Lewis, L. Leonard Skeggs—a multifaceted diamond. Clin. Chem. 27(8): 1465-1468, 1981.
13. Lorentz, C. P., Wieben, E. D., Tefferi, A., et al. Primer on medical genomics; Part I: History of genetics and sequencing of the human genome. Mayo Cli. Proc. 77, 2002.
14. Terry, M. Spiraling through genetic history. Adv. Med. Lab. Professionals, May 28, 2001.
15. Morange, M. A History of Molecular Biology, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1998.
16. Echols, H. Operators and Promoters, the Story of Molecular Biology and Its Creators, University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, 2001.
17. Baldi, P. The Shattered Self, the End of Natural Selection, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2001.
18. Wickelgren, I. The Gene Masters. Times Books, Henry Holt and Co., New York, 2002.
19. Miclos, D. A. and Freyer, G. A. DNA Science—A First Course in Recombinant DNA Technology, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, pp. 4-9, 1990.
20. Blackburn, M. G. and Gait, M. J., eds. Nucleic Acids in Chemistry and Biology, IRL Press/Oxford University Press, New York, pp. 3-4, 1990.
21. Kay, L. E. The Molecular Vision of Life, Caltech, The Rockefeller Foundation, and the Rise of the New Biology, Oxford University Press, New York, 1993.
Basic Molecular Biology ii
Was this article helpful?
Are You Prepared For Your First Baby? Endlessly Searching For Advice and Tips On What To Expect? Then You've Landed At The Right Place With All The Answers! Are you expecting? Is the time getting closer to giving birth to your first baby? So many mothers to be are completely unprepared for motherhood and the arrival of a little one, but stress not, we have all the answers you need!