1. Garrard, A. E. The incidence of alkaptonuria: a study in chemical individuality. Lancet 2:1616, 1902.
2. Beadle, G. N. Biochemical genetics. Chem. Rev. 37:15, 1945.
3. Watson, J. D. and Crick, F. H. C. Molecular structure of nucleic acids. Nature 171:737-738, 1953.
4. Stem, R. C. The diagnosis of cystic fibrosis. N. Engl. J. Med. 336:487-491, 1997.
5. Timchenko, L. T. and Caskey, C. T. Triplet repeat disorders: discussion of molecular mechanisms. Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 55:1432-1447, 1999.
6. Jin, P. and Warren, S. T. Understanding the molecular basis of Fragile X Syndrome. Hum. Mol. Genet. 9:901-908, 2000.
7. Lyon, E., and Frank, E. L. Hereditary hemochromatosis since discovery of the HFE gene. Clin. Chem. 47:1147-1156, 2001.
8. Chinney, P. F. and Turnbull, D. M. Mitochondrial DNA mutations in the pathogenesis of human disease. Mol. Med. Today, 6:425-432, 2000.
9. Guttmacher, A. E. and Collins, F. S. Genomic medicine: a primer. N. Engl. J. Med. 347:1512-1520, 2002.
10. Nowak, R. Mining treasures from "junk" DNA. Science 263: 608-610, 1994.
11. Jeffreys, A. J., Wislon, V., and Thein, S. L. Hypervariable minisatellite regions in human DNA. Nature 314:67-73, 1985.
12. Lareu, M. V., Phillips, C. P., Carracedo, A., Lincoln, P. J., Syndercombe Court, D., and Thomson A. Investigation of STR locus HUMTH01 using PCR and two electrophoresis formats: UK and Galacian caucasian population surveys and usefulness in paternity investigations. Forensic Sci. Int. 66:41-52, 1994.
13. Sutherland, G. R. and Richards, R. I. DNA repeats: a treasury of human variation. N. Engl. J. Med. 331:191-193, 1994.
14. Barlow, D.P. Genetic imprinting in mammals. Science 270:1610-1613, 1995.
15. Burke, W. Genetic testing. N. Engl. J. Med. 347:1867-1875, 2002.
16. Khoury, M. J., McCabe, L. L., and McCabe, E. R. B. Population screening in the age of genomic medicine. N. Engl. J. med. 348:50-58, 2003.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Prepared For Your First Baby? Endlessly Searching For Advice and Tips On What To Expect? Then You've Landed At The Right Place With All The Answers! Are you expecting? Is the time getting closer to giving birth to your first baby? So many mothers to be are completely unprepared for motherhood and the arrival of a little one, but stress not, we have all the answers you need!