• Admit to pediatric ward, trauma ward or neurosurgical service.
• Vitals per protocol with every hour neurological checks.
• Head of bed elevated at 30 degrees. Ambulate with assistance (after spine clearance).
• Diet: NPO overnight, then regular as age appropriate.
• Medications: Tylenol as needed for pain.
• Laboratory studies: Serum sodium, glucose.
be counseled prior to discharge regarding 'post-concussive syndrome' and referred for a single visit to a medicine or physiatry closed-head-injury follow-up clinic.
Was this article helpful?