1. Campbell JW, Pollack IF, Martinez AJ et al. High grade astrocytomas in children: radiologically complete resection is associated with an excellent long term prognosis. Neurosurgery 1996; 38:258-264.
2. Gupta N, Banerjee A, Haas-Kogan D, eds. Pediatric CNS Tumors. Berlin: Springer, 2004.
3. Horn B, Heideman R, Geyer R et al. A multi-institutional retrospective study of intracranial ependymoma in children: identification of risk factors. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 1999; 21:203-211.
4. Kleihues P, Cavanee WK, eds. Pathology and Genetics of the Nervous System. Lyon: IARC Press, 1997.
An excellent and concise description of virtually all brain tumor types with a focus on the pathological appearance and recent discoveries in molecular genetics.
5. Pollack IF, Claassen D, al-Shboul Q et al. Low-grade gliomas of the cerebral hemispheres in children: an analysis of 71 cases. J Neurosurg 1995; 82:536-547.
6. Pollack IF. The role of surgery in pediatric gliomas. J Neurooncol 1999; 42:271-288.
Was this article helpful?