• can not be used for dermal defects such as rhytids
• ideally should maintain a minimum of 2 mm of subdermal fat
• Advantages: quick, short postoperative course, minimal risk of nerve and vascular damage, minimal scarring, reduced soft tissue trauma
• Disadvantages: in general not used for generalized weight loss
• Common Uses: improve contour of submandibular (jowls), submental (wattles), cheek, malar, and parotid regions, defat pedicled or free flaps, lipoma excision
• Contraindicated: collagen vascular diseases, bleeding disorders, endocrine disorders
Was this article helpful?