• Keratosis Obliterans: external auditory canal cholesteatoma caused by blockage of the EAC permitting accumulation of epithelial debris, bone remodeling from pressure of the keratin plug may cause bony enlargement
• Invasive Keratitis: local accumulation of epithelial debris that occurs on the floor of the EAC
• SSx: keratin debris in EAC, bony expansion of canal wall, CHL, may become secondarily infected, may erode into middle ear or attic
• Dx: clinical history and physical examination
• Rx: frequent and aggressive debridement of EAC, cleansing with ototopical (softening) drops
Was this article helpful?