Staging (based on the AJCC Staging, 1997)
• Tp primary tumor limited to one subsite and <2 cm
• T2: primary tumor involves more than one subsite or >2 cm
• T3: primary tumor >4 cm or vocal fold fixation
• T4: primary tumor invades adjacent structures (eg, thyroid cartilage, carotid artery, soft tissues of the neck, thyroid, esophagus)
• NOTE: previous AJCC guidelines did not account tumor size for staging criteria (1 subsite, T^ more than 1 subsite, T2; more than 1 subsite or fixation of the hemilarynx T3; invasion into adjacent structures, T4)
Was this article helpful?