Arthroscopic iliopsoas tendon release has been described. It is a safe and effective way to treat coxa saltans interna and is reproducible. The results are better than the results of open surgery and have fewer complications.
Acknowledgment. I would like to thank James M. Glick, MD, for his contributions to this chapter.
1. Allen WC, Cope R: Coxa saltans: the snapping hip revisited. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 1995;3(5):303-308.
2. Schaberg JE, Harper MC, Allen WC: The snapping hip syndrome. Am J Sports Med 1984;12(5):361-365.
3. Harper MC, Schaberg JE, Allen WC: Primary iliopsoas bursog-raphy in the diagnosis of disorders of the hip. Clin Orthop 1987; 221:238-241.
4. Dobbs MB, Gordon JE, Luhmann SJ, et al: Surgical correction of the snapping iliopsoas tendon in adolescents. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 2002;84(3):420-424.
5. Jacobson T, Allen WC: Surgical correction of the snapping il-iopsoas tendon. Am J Sports Med 1990;18(5):470-474.
6. Glick JM, Sampson TG, Gordon RB, et al: Hip arthroscopy by the lateral approach. Arthroscopy 1987;3(1):4-12.
7. Sampson TG, Fargo LA: Hip arthroscopy by the lateral approach: technique and selected cases. In: Byrd JW (ed). Operative Hip Arthroscopy. New York: Thieme, 1988: 105-121.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.