DIRECTIONS: Choose the letter of the answer choice that best answers the question.
1. Which of the following is not a function of polysaccharides?
A. energy source
B. energy storage
C. structural support
D. storage of genetic information
2. Which of the following statements is false?
G. Starch is a lipid.
H. Saturated fats are solid at room temperature. J. Unsaturated fats are liquid at room temperature.
3. Which of the following molecules stores hereditary information?
4. What is the name of the molecule in plants that stores sugars?
H. cellulose J. glycogen
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The figure below illustrates the basic structure of a cell membrane. Use the figure to answer the questions that follow.
5. Which of the following molecules make up the basic structure of a cell membrane?
C. fatty acids
6. The "tails" of the molecules in the figure orient away from water. Which of the following describes the tail's movement away from water?
H. hydrophilic J. hydrophobic
DIRECTIONS: Complete the following analogy.
7. simple sugars : carbohydrates :: amino acids :
C. nucleic acids
D. amino groups
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The figure below represents the structural formula of a molecule. Use the figure to answer the question that follows.
Was this article helpful?
Statistics For Obesity Are Rising And The Majority Of People Are Not Getting Enough Exercise Nor Are Having Any Regard For Their Health! Will You Finally Make Good On Your Promise And Set Your Goals To Improve Your Fitness And Live The Healthy Lifestyle You Want? With A Little Bit of Motivation, You Can Set Yourself On the Correct Path To Losing Weight And Feeling Great Using Nothing But Purely Natural Means!