• Sequence the events of fertilization, cleavage, and implantation.
• Describe the three stages of pregnancy.
• Summarize the development of an embryo during pregnancy.
• Discuss the effects of unnecessary drug use on development.
• Describe the changes in a mother's body during birth.
vocabulary gestation blastocyst implantation pregnancy trimester embryo amniotic sac chorionic villus placenta umbilical cord human chorionic gonadotropin fetus labor afterbirth figure 51-9
Several sperm surround this ovum, but only one will be able to fertilize it. (SEM 1165 x)
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!