1. What was the purpose of exposing the maize kernels to X rays?
2. What is a transposon?
3. Critical Thinking Why was it important that McClintock used self-fertilized kernels in her experiments?
www.scilinks.org Topic: Barbara
McClintock Keyword: HM60924
• Differentiate between the genotype and the phenotype of an organism.
• Explain how probability is used to predict the results of genetic crosses.
• Use a Punnett square to predict the results of monohybrid and dihybrid genetic crosses.
• Explain how a testcross is used to show the genotype of an individual whose phenotype expresses the dominant trait.
• Differentiate a monohybrid cross from a dihybrid cross.
vocabulary genotype phenotype homozygous heterozygous probability monohybrid cross Punnett square genotypic ratio phenotypic ratio testcross complete dominance incomplete dominance codominance dihybrid cross figure 9-6
Today, geneticists rely on Mendel's work to predict the likely outcome of genetic crosses. In this section, you will learn how to predict the probable genetic makeup and appearance of offspring resulting from specified crosses.
The flower color genotype of the pea plant on the left is pp.The plant's phenotype is white flowers. The flower color phenotype of the pea plant on the right is purple flowers. The plant's genotype is either Pp or PP.
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!