Calculating Genotypic and Phenotypic Ratios
7. In your lab report, prepare a data table similar to Table B, shown below.
8. Determine the genotypic and phenotypic ratios among the offspring. First, count and record the number of homozygous dominant, heterozygous, and homozygous recessive individuals recorded in Table A. Then, record the number of offspring that produce green seeds and the number that produce yellow seeds under "Phenotypes" in your data table.
9. Calculate the genotypic ratio for each genotype by using the following equation:
numberof offspringwithagiven genotype totalnumberofoffspring Calculate the phenotypic ratio for each phenotype by using the following equation:
numberof offspringwithagiven phenotype totalnumberofoffsprint
11. Now, pool the data for the whole class, and record the data in your lab report in a table like Table C.
12. Compare your class's sample with your small sample of 10. Calculate and record in your data table the genotypic and phenotypic ratios for the class data. Construct a Punnett square showing the parents and their offspring in your lab report. ^^ Clean up your materials before leaving the lab.
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!