Growing the Test Plants
1. Fill two flowerpots with soil. Using a mixing stick, stir approximately 1/4 tsp of the Rhizobium mixture into each pot.
2. Plant two bean seeds in one pot, and label the pot "Bean." Plant two radish seeds in the other pot, and label this pot "Radish." Water each pot so that the soil is moist but not saturated.
3. Place the plants where they will receive direct sunlight. Water the soil when necessary to keep the soil moist but not saturated. Do not fertilize the plants.
4. After approximately one week, check to see if both seeds germinated in each pot. If they did, remove the smaller seedling. The plants will be ready to be examined after six to eight weeks. Monitor the plants each day. (Note: The radish seeds will germinate faster than the bean seeds.)
5. ^ Clean up your materials, and wash your hands before leaving the lab.
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!