■ culture of Chlamydomonas
■ colonial green algae culture (Chlamydomonas, Eudorina, Gonium, Pandorina, Volvox, and Hydrodictyon)
■ culture of Spirogyra
■ 3 depression slides
■ 3 medicine droppers
■ compound light microscope
1. Distinguish between the terms protozoa and algae.
2. Green algae are either unicellular, colonial, filamentous, or multicellular.
3. Explain why green plants are thought to have evolved from green algae.
4. List characteristics of green algae. Include ways that algae differ from plants.
5. How do green algae differ from other algae?
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!