DIRECTIONS: Choose the letter of the answer choice that best answers the question.
1. Which of the following is true about the cerebral cortex?
A. It is located deep in the brain.
B. It is the folded outer covering of the brain.
C. It is part of the peripheral nervous system.
D. It is the lobed, highly folded structure located at the back of the brain.
2. When a neuron is at resting potential, which of the following is true?
F. Both sides of the cell are equally charged.
G. The inside of the cell is less positive.
H. The polarity across the membrane reverses. J. The outside of the cell is less positive.
3. Which of the following stimuli affects mechanoreceptors?
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The graph below shows the change in voltage during an action potential. Use the graph to answer the questions that follow.
4. How long does the action potential last?
5. Which point on the graph represents when the voltage-gated sodium channels are open?
D. There is not enough information to determine the answer.
DIRECTIONS: Complete the following analogy.
6. stimulant : nicotine :: depressant :
J. tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
INTERPRETING GRAPHCS: The diagram below shows a neuron. Use the diagram to answer the questions that follow.
Was this article helpful?