O, A, B, AB
27. Calculating Data Calculate the number of times a person's heart will beat if the person lives
75 years. Assume that the average heart beats 70 times per minute.
28. Recognizing Relationships Assuming that the heart of an overweight person beats an additional 10 times per minute, explain why being overweight can put additional strain on the heart.
Standardized Test Preparation
DIRECTIONS: Choose the letter of the answer choice that best answers the question.
1. In what direction does blood move during ventricular systole?
A. from the atria to the veins
B. from the ventricles to the atria
C. from the atria to the ventricles
D. from the ventricles to the arteries
2. What is the function of the lymphatic system?
F. It opens two-way vessels.
G. It helps the body fight infections.
H. It interacts with the respiratory system.
J. It transports intercellular fluid away from the heart.
3. Fibrin is a protein that does which of the following?
A. transports oxygen
B. helps form a blood clot
C. destroys invading microorganisms
D. stimulates the production of antibodies
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The graph below shows how systolic pressure is affected by salt intake. Use the graph to answer the question that follows.
4. What is the relationship between salt intake and blood pressure?
F. As salt intake increases, blood pressure increases.
G. As salt intake increases, blood pressure decreases.
H. Salt intake of 20 g per day results in stable blood pressure.
J. Salt intake of 30 g per day results in stable blood pressure.
DIRECTIONS: Complete the following analogy.
5. superior vena cava : deoxygenated blood :: pulmonary veins :
A. type A blood
B. type B blood
C. oxygenated blood
D. deoxygenated blood
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The model below shows a cross section of the heart. Use the model to answer the question that follows.
6. Which numbers point to vessels that bring blood into the heart?
Was this article helpful?
Trying To Lose Weight Can Be Tough. But... Not Losing Weight and Gaining What You Lost Back, Sucks. If you've ever felt that no matter what you do to lose weight nothing seems to work. If you've ever felt that there has got to be some kind of a system or way to lose weight...but just have not found it yet.