Name the type of plant tissue that makes up the mesophyll.
Identify a leaf adaptation for maximizing light interception.
C1 CONCEPT MAPPING Use the following □ □ □ terms to create a concept map that illustrates the structures and functions of one type of plant tissue: phloem, vessel, sieve tube member, tracheid, vascular tissue, vessel element, carbohydrates, and xylem.
22. Applying Information When transplanting a plant, it is important to not remove any more soil than necessary from around the root system. From your knowledge of the function of roots and root hairs, why do you think this is so important?
23. Analyzing Data Suppose you examine a tree stump and notice that the annual rings are thinner and closer together 50 rings in from the edge. What would you conclude about the climate in the area 50 years ago?
24. Applying Information Why would an agricultural practice that eliminated transpirational water loss be disadvantageous for plants?
25. Evaluating Differences Would you expect water absorption in a plant to be greater in parts of roots that have undergone secondary growth or in parts that have not? Explain your reasoning.
26. Interpreting Graphics What causes a knot in a board, like the one shown in the photo below?
<¿9 Standardized Test Preparation
DIRECTIONS: Choose the letter of the answer choice that best answers the question.
1. Which of the following are the main function of collenchyma and sclerenchyma?
2. Most monocots do not have which of the following?
H. primary growth
J. secondary growth
3. Which of the following structures is found in stems but not in roots?
D. vascular tissue
4. The movement of water through a plant is driven by the loss of water vapor from which structure?
J. root hairs
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The illustration below shows a cross section of a monocot root. Use the illustration to answer the question that follows.
5. What is the structure marked with an X?
DIRECTIONS: Complete the following analogy.
6. Mesophyll : photosynthesis :: sapwood :
G. sugar transport
H. water transport
J. production of new cells
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The illustration below shows a leaf. Use the illustration to answer the question that follows.
7. What type of leaf is shown?
D. doubly compound
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!