Standardized Test Preparation
DIRECTIONS: Choose the letter of the answer choice that best answers the question.
1. Early farmers selected wheat plants that had which of the following characteristics?
A. fewest grains
B. largest seed pods
C. easily dispersed seeds
D. stalks not easily broken in the wind
2. Which plants are the major source of food for the world today?
J. root crops
3. Which of the following is an inorganic nutrient recycled by plants?
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The illustration below shows four types of food plants. Use the illustration to answer the question that follows.
4. Plants classified as root crops have edible underground structures. Which of the food plants shown above is a root crop?
H. potato J. oregano
DIRECTIONS: Complete the following analogy.
INTERPRETING GRAPHICS: The illustration below shows how plants might be grown together. Use the illustration to answer the question that follows.
6. How does this arrangement help these plants?
F. The squash can use the corn as a support.
G. The beans grow apart from the squash and corn.
H. The corn covers the ground and reduces erosion.
J. Beans, which are legumes, will provide nitrogen fertilizer for the corn and squash.
Was this article helpful?
Discover How To Sleep In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today! Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve!