"The management of congenital cataract is difficult." "And involves a multidisciplinary team approach." "The important issues are ..." "And factors that will influence the decisions include ..." "The management consists of a thorough history ..."
Management of congenital cataracts
1. Important issues (see below for detailed discussion)
• Indications for cataract extraction
• Timing of surgery
• Aphakic correction
2. Factors that influence the decisions
• Cataract factors (type of cataract, severity of cataract, unilateral or bilateral cataract)
• Child factors (age of onset, associated systemic diseases)
• Parent factors (motivation of amblyopia correction)
Was this article helpful?