1. Name and describe each of the areas of taxonomy.
2. Compare and contrast the five-kingdom and three-domain systems of classification.
3. Describe how a dichotomous key is used in the identification of bacteria.
4. Describe the difference between using a probe and using PCR to detect a specific sequence.
5. Explain how signature sequences are useful when amplifying rDNA.
6. Describe ribotyping.
7. Describe how the GC content of DNA can be measured.
8. Describe a method used to measure the extent of DNA hybridization between two different bacterial isolates.
Was this article helpful?