1. Explain why resolving power is important in microscopy.
2. Explain why basic dyes are used more frequently than acidic dyes in staining.
3. Describe what happens at each step in the Gram stain.
4. Compare and contrast ABC transport systems with group translocation.
5. Give two reasons that the outer membrane of Gram-negative bacteria is significant medically.
6. Compare and contrast penicillin and lysozyme.
7. Describe how a plasmid can help and hinder a cell.
8. How is an organ different from tissue?
9. How is receptor-mediated endocytosis different from phagocytosis?
10. Explain how the Golgi apparatus cooperatively functions with the endoplasmic reticulum.
1. Which of the following is most likely to be used in a typical microbiology laboratory?
A. Bright-field microscope
B. Confocal scanning microscope
D. Scanning electron microscope
E. Transmission electron microscope
Was this article helpful?
Nutrition is a matter that people spend their careers learning about and requires volumes of books to explain. My objective is to instruct you how to consume a healthy nutritional diet that aids your body in burning off fat instead of storing it. You do not require overwhelming science to get this.