• Mixed venous oxygen saturation is an accurate direct measurement.
• Mixed venous oxygen saturation provides information about adequacy of supply that is not available from other monitors.
• Mixed venous oxygen saturation requires pulmonary artery catheterization, with attendant risks.
• Mixed venous oxygen saturation obviates the need for inaccurate derived hemodynamic variables.
• There is no clear evidence of outcome benefit to support its use.
Was this article helpful?
What will this book do for me? A growing number of books for laymen on the subject of health have appeared in the past decade. Never before has there been such widespread popular interest in medical science. Learn more within this guide today and download your copy now.