1. d An agent that depresses the central nervous system reversibly to produce a loss of consciousness, analgesia, and muscle relaxation. (para 6-2)
4. a Fentanyl (Sublimaze®) and droperidol (Innovar®). (para 6-4b(2))
6. d A neuromuscular blocking agent used during surgery. (para 6-8)
7. a An agent used as a preanesthetic analgesic. (para 6-6)
8. c An intravenous agent used to perform minor surgical procedures in children.
9. c An agent used when the surgeon needs the cooperation of the patient because it produces a semiconscious state in the patient. (para 6-4b(2))
10. c Antianxiety agent used to reduce a patient's apprehension before surgery.
Was this article helpful?