1. c The study of the structure of the body. (para 2-1)
2. a A grouping of cells working together. (para 2-2b)
3. b Returns protein and fluid from the various body tissues to the blood.
4. d The fluid or semifluid contained inside the cell membrane, but outside the nucleus. (para 2-5b)
5. b The site of cell respiratory activity. (para 2-5d)
6. d The engulfing of small particles or fluids by the cell. (para 2-6)
7. a The tissue that binds other tissues together and supports other tissues.
8. d Detects heats, colds, pressure, and pain. (para 2-11c)
9. c An infestation of the skin with lice. (para 2-13e(1))
10. a A disease caused by a very small mite which burrows into the skin.
13. a A collection of fluid in the tissues resulting in swelling. (para 2-14c)
14. b A derangement of the normal functioning of one or more body processes.
15. c The treatment of disease by such methods of heat, light, and cold.
Was this article helpful?